Our Terms of Service
1. All clients will be deemed to have accepted Ted’s Pet Care terms on commencement of service.
2. Full payment for services is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice or, by the date specified on the invoice via bank transfer (BACS). If this lands on a weekend or bank/public holiday, payment is due on the next working day.
3. Ted’s Pet Care are entitled to charge a daily late payment charge equal to 2.5% of the outstanding invoice amount for each full day until payment has been made. For part payment, the oldest invoices will be reconciled first.
4. The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client's absence. (i.e., food, medication, specialist leads/harnesses, tags, collars etc). Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Ted’s Pet Care, these will be purchased and added to the invoice with a £5 service charge per item.
5. It is the client's responsibility to ensure all details on the client portal are updated and maintained. This includes contact details and care instructions. This is necessary to ensure Ted's Pet Care can offer the very best service. No claims may be made against Ted's Pet Care 100% satisfaction guarantee if care instructions are missing, incomplete or obsolete.
6. The client must provide Ted’s Pet Care with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. If the contact is not available Ted’s Pet Care reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal.
7. The client is initially responsible for any veterinary bills whilst pets are in the care of Ted’s Pet Care, unless professional negligence has occurred, such as a dog being let off lead when instructed otherwise by client.
8. Ted’s Pet Care must be alerted to any behavioral problems with pets at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of services.
9. Ted’s Pet Care holds Public Liability insurance and insurance that covers the Care, Custody and Control of pets. In the event of serious injury to an animal in the care of Ted’s Pet Care, a claim may be made using this policy.
10. Ted’s Pet Care will care for your animal as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Ted’s Pet Care cannot be held liable for the death of a pet caused by old age or a pre-existing medical condition.
11. All dogs being exercised must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime.
12. All dogs being walked will undergo a trial period to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialised.
13. Ted's Pet Care only walk adult dogs that are neutered or spayed. If a bitch does come into season, Ted's Pet Care reserves the right to cancel services with charges applied as per the standard cancellation terms.
14. If dogs require toweling off after walks, towels must be provided by client.
15. The walker will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (ie, heat, thunder storms) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker. If Ted’s Pet Care need to shorten a walk due to an emergency, client will be informed and a refund added.
16. Ted’s Pet Care reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time & with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker and/or other dogs.
Bookings & Cancellations
1. Ted’s Pet Care will not confirm any booking until a consultation has been carried out with the client and the full details of client requirements have been agreed.
2. Ted's Pet Care walk all dogs in their care off lead where safe and practical to do so. Clients should notify Ted's Pet Care if, for any reason, they do not give permission for their dogs to be exercised off lead.
3. 24 hours notice is required for cancellations of standard walks/puppy sessions/ 1/2 and full day care services. Cancellations should be made directly through the client portal. Cancellations made within 24 hours of the scheduled service time will be charged in full.
4. Home boarding bookings will be subject to a 50% virtual deposit. This will be charged on client's accounts for any bookings cancelled between 4-6 weeks of any home boarding booking. Any home boarding bookings cancelled within 4 weeks of the scheduled booking date will be charged in full.
5. The client is responsible to ensure Ted's Pet Care has access to the dogs as per the instructions held on the client portal. Any deviation from this should be advised in advance. If Ted's Pet Care are unable to gain access for the booked service, the full service cost will be chargeable.
6. It is the client's responsibility to notify Ted's Pet Care of any sickness or injury. A sick/injured dog may react out of character so it may not be possible for the dog to join in any group sessions. In addition, a sick dog may pose a risk to other dogs within the group. If Ted's Pet Care is not notified in advance, the right to charge the full service cost is retained.
7. Ted's Pet Care cannot walk a dog without a collar and tag as this is a legal requirement. If these are not available (dog walks/puppy sessions/ 1/2 and full day care) then Ted's Pet Care reserve the right to cancel the service and the full service cost will be charged.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Ted's Pet Care offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you're not entirely happy with your service, cost will be refunded and all reasonable steps taken to insure it doesn't happen again.
Of course, there are a few conditions:
1. It is the client's responsibility to ensure the notify Ted's Pet Care as soon as reasonably practical to any issues with the service provided.
2. No claims will be accepted where clients have not adhered to the standard terms of service.
3. Refunds will be made as credit on account. Ted's Pet Care reserves the right to issue cash refunds.